The national level examination hosted by Staff Selection Commission for recruiting eligible aspirants to junior engineer post across several offices in government sector is SSC JE. All the aspirants who are in search of government job can apply for the exam to make a bright future in the government. However, there are certain eligibility criteria ascertained by the commission for the exam and only those aspirants who fulfill the eligibility standards can apply for the exam. It is therefore important for the aspirants to check for SSC JE Eligibility before applying for the exam. We are here with all the relevant information regarding SSC JE Eligibility so that candidates can go through it and get the desired information.
SSC JE Eligibility
There are 3 areas on which SSC JE Exam Eligibility criteria is based. These are: Candidate’s age, Candidate’s Nationality and candidates’ educational qualification. Have a look at the detailed information on these areas given below:
In the selection criteria for SSC JE Exam, one of the crucial factors is age.
- For Junior Engineer (Electrical & Civil) in Department of posts and CPWD, the age of candidate must be between 18-27 years.
- For Junior Engineer (Mechanical & Electrical) and Junior Engineer (Civil) in MES, the age of candidate must not be more than 30 years.
- For Junior Engineer (Mechanical & Civil) in Farakka Barrage and CWC, the age of the candidate must not be beyond 32 years.
- For Junior Engineer (Contract and Quantity Surveying) in MES, the age must be between 18-27 years.
- For Junior Engineer (Mechanical & Electrical) and Junior Engineer (Civil) in Border Roads Organization of Ministry of Defense, the age of the candidate must not be more than 30 years.
All the candidates willing to apply for SSC JE Exam must satisfy one of the following eligibility criteria to be eligible for the exam:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee’s descendant who came before 1st Jan 1962to India for setting down permanently in India.
- A person migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, Uganda, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zaire and Vietnam, Zambia, United Republic of Tanzania or any East African country who is of Indian origin and settled down permanently in India.
All the willing candidates who wish to apply for SSC JE Exam must either hold a diploma degree or a bachelor’s degree from an acknowledged institute.
So all those who wish to apply for SSC JE exam must go carefully read the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Those who fulfill the eligibility criteria must apply for the exam by filling the application form before the due date and start their preparation. Every year, lakhs of candidates participate in the SSC JE Exam and therefore the completion level of the exam is very high. So start with your preparation now if you wish to get selected for the posts of Junior Engineer. Grab the chance and prepare well to make a bright future in government sector and to get the desired job. Good Luck!