SSC Constable (GD) Examination
For the CAPF (Central Armed Police Force) vacancies, notification of SSC Constable GD is released every year by SSC for the purpose of recruiting several deserving candidates. All the candidates who are looking for government jobs and fulfill the eligibility criteria for SSC Constable GD Examination must check the application process and grab the opportunity to make their career in government sector.We are here with complete details relevant to SSC Constable (General Duty ) Examination such as availability of application form, eligibility criteria, process of online application etc.
The official website that is managed by Staff Selection Commission is ssc.nic.in and the process of online application initiates at this website. By visiting the official site, all the candidates who are interested as well as eligible for the exam can fill the online application form for SSC Constable (GD) Examination.
For the jobs in departments of SSC, several announcements and notifications are released by SSC so that as per the educational qualification and eligibility, the aspirants canapply for the posts. For the recruitment of eligible candidates for GD Constable Post in CRPF, ITBP, BSF, CISF, SSF, NIA, SSB and riflemen, the notification for SSC GD Constable Examination is released by the Staff Selection Commission. Four stages are included in the whole recruitment process that are Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST), computer based test and medical test at last. After clearing the written examination, the candidates are eligible for medical test. The candidates who qualify the medical test are appointed as GD Constable Posts.
Eligibility Criteria: SSC GD Constable Examination
- Educational Qualification: At least 10th pass from an acknowledged board.
- Age Limit: Between 18-23 years. As per the rules of government, reserved categories are provided with age relaxation.
Application Form: SSC GD Constable
- Candidates can apply for the exam via online mode. Also, the option to apply through both offline as well as online mode is there for the candidates who are from North-Eastern States, J&K and LWE affected area. On the official website of the commission, the forms for online application will be available and for applying via offline mode, forms must be downloaded from SSC’s official website.
Selection Procedure: SSC GD Constable Examination
The steps included in the selection process are mentioned below:
- Step 1: Physical Efficiency Test & Physical Standards Test
- Step 2: Written Examination (100 Marks) (Objective Type)
- Step 3: Medical Test
Syllabus and Exam Pattern:
- The question paper of SSC Constable GD Exam is divided in 4 parts. (Part A) Reasoning and General Intelligence, (Part B) General Awareness and General Knowledge, (Part C) Elementary Mathematics and (Part D) Hindi/English.
- All questions will be Multiple Choice Type/Objective Type.
- The duration of exam is 2 hours and it has 100 questions (100 marks)
- The questions in online examination are in Hindi and English only.
- The questions in offline examination are in Hindi, English and other regional languages.
Note: At the time of applying, only one exam mode (either offline or online) is required to be selected by the candidates.